- www.glencoemountain.co.uk – Offers both skiing in the winter and other sporting activities in the summer.
- www.icefactor.co.uk at Kinlochleven – indoor climbing centre, bar and café.
- www.nevisrange.co.uk – take a trip up the gondola, have a walk then lunch in the mountain café.
- Cross the Corran Ferry to the Ardnamurchan peninsula with stunning scenery and a quieter pace of life. It also has the most westerly point on the British mainland.
- www.westcoastrailways.co.uk The Jacobite Steam train runs from Ft William to Mallaig during the summer months.
- Visit Glenfinnan to see Prince Charlie’s Monument and the famous railway viaduct as seen in the Harry Potter film.
- Glencoe Visitor Centre is a good local source for history, nature, wildlife and offers guided walks in the summer.
- Visit Port Appin on the road to Oban for some stunning scenery, including Castle Stalker, or hire a bike and cycle the length of the small Isle of Lismore.
There is choice of places for dinner in the evening, some within walking distance or a short drive away. For good pub grub try the climbers bar at the Clachaig Inn (www.clachaig.com) or for really good seafood Lochleven Seafood Café (www.lochlevenseafoodcafe.co.uk) on the shores of Loch Leven.